Environmental assessment of biobased products: Maintreaming LCA for SMEs
BioBase4SME WorkshopDatum: Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2017 - 12:30 Uhr
On 28 June Materia Nova co-organizes a workshop in Brussels. This workshop, within the framework of the BioBase4SME project, focuses on the following questions concerning Life Cycle Assesments:
- Why should I prove it’s green? It’s bio!
- How can my SME afford a LCA study?
- How to “speak LCA” with my partners along the supply chain?
- Are there specific guidelines for evaluating the environmental impacts of my biobased product
- ?Could this approach result in economic benefits for my SME?
It will show how BioBase4SME can help SMEs to access Life Cycle Thinking. Lastly, it is also an opportunity to network with companies having complementary businesses.
For more information, see the event leaflet.
Materia Nova offers vouchers for doing a LCA on your product. The research is 50% covered by the project. Materia Nova is a research institute which is a spin-off from the University of Mons and employs 90 researchers. In 2012 they founded an expertise group for LCA’s (YLCA). They acquired a lot of experience through different biobased projects along the years.